From NATIONAL CONSERVATION AND ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION ACT:
“beach” means the sloping area of unconsolidated material typically sand, that extends landward from the mean high water mark to the area where there is a marked change in material or natural physiographic form or when there is no such marked change in the material or natural physiographic form, the beach shall be deemed to extend to a distance of twenty metres landward from the mean high water mark or such lesser area as may be determined by the Minister in consultation with the Conservation Commission and in all cases shall include the primary sand dune;
Beach vested in the Crown with public access.
(1) It is hereby declared that all rights in and over the beach are vested in the Crown and the public shall have the right of access and the right to use or enjoy the beach for recreational activities and purposes.
(2) There shall be at least one public landward access to every beach in Saint Christopher and Nevis.
(3) Where there is no public access, traditional public use of a private landward access through an existing private development shall be sufficient grounds for establishing a public right of way over that access solely for the purpose of access to the beach by the public.
(4) Where the only landward access to a beach is through an existing private development where traditional public use pursuant to subsection (2) has not been established, the Government may acquire the right to public use of that beach access, by gift, negotiation, contract, purchase, lease or compulsory acquisition, in exchange for other property, interest or financial exemption or by such other means as the Minister may recommend.
(5) Where land is acquired by way of compulsory acquisition for a beach access, the Land Acquisition Act, Cap. 10.08 shall apply in respect of that acquisition.
(6) Where a proposed development is likely to adversely affect the public’s right of reasonable access to a beach from the landward side, any development permit issued pursuant to the Development Control and Planning Act, Cap. 20.07 or under any other Act, for that development, shall include as a condition of development, a landward public access through the development, at all reasonable times, free of charge.
From an older law, although this one is largely or completely replaced by the previous cited law: